Monday, May 24, 2010

Product Feature: Die Cut Notes



Have you noticed those gorgeous die cut note cards on page 168 of the Idea Book & Catalog? I couldn't wait to play with them! At just 60-66 cents per card/envelope pair, they're a sweet deal. Hmmn. They are a little small to go through the mail, however. What to do?

I cut a 5x5" card base from Basic Gray card stock and a 4 3/4" square of my favorite Nouveau Chic DSP. I layered these, then adhered the Elegant Note in the center. To make the cut design stand out I sponged around the lasercut design just a bit with Apricot Appeal* classic ink, then wrapped a length of Basic Gray taffeta ribbon just below the fold and secured it with a ribbon slide from the Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware kit. I added a sentiment to the outside and another to the inside (positioning it at the top where it wouldn't be seen when the card is closed).

Now my card will fit into a medium square envelope and go through the mail at the standard rate. And the extra envelope that came with the note card? See the Shopper's Foot Soak post from October 30, 2009. Kathy

* Watch out - these colors are being discontinued so lay in your supply now!


All supplies Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Kind & Caring Thoughts (Level 3 Hostess)
Ink: Apricot Appeal* & Sage Shadow*
Paper: Basic Gray, Apricot Appeal, Sage Shadow CS; Nouveau Chic DSP; Elegant Notes
Accessories: Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Ribbon Slide, corner punch (your choice)

1 comment:

JSCA said...

Oooooh, I like it!