Saturday, December 26, 2009

Mice Treats
















Materials: All materials are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.
Paper: Whisper White and Summer Sun.
Ink: Real Red and Versa Mark.
Stamps: Best of Cluck and Winter Post.
Punch: Boho Blossom and Circle Scallop.
Ribbon: Red Gingham.
Misc.: Oreo, Chocolate Covered Cherry (with stem), Chocolate Kiss, Colored Frosting, Mousetrap and Curling Ribbon (non-Stampin' Up!).

Stinkin' Cute! That pretty much sums it up! Aren't these little guys so much fun! I wish I could claim the mouse treat idea as my own, but unfortunately it's not. Not sure where it originated but I 'cased' it from a reception we had at my church a couple weeks ago knowing I had to make it for the "Cool n' the Gang" girls.

So, not sure how I was going to package him up, I was trying to figure out how I picture mice when I think of them, and other then in heaven from a tasty meal of Decon, you guessed it, mouse traps! So after messing with it for a little bit, I noticed that the Oreo cookie fit perfectly on the end of the trap wedged in between the spring and the locking bar. Then I added a little ribbon and bow to dress him up and gave him a little cheese treat and voila!
Disclaimer: No mice were harmed or otherwise mistreated in the making of this blog... but a few were eaten! :)

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!
Monique.


No comments: