Friday, December 31, 2010

December 2010 Olathe Stamp Club





I love teaching. I always learn so much as I'm preparing projects for others, and there's nothing that makes me feel alive like learning something new!

I'd been hearing about "easel cards" for awhile, so I decided to teach it in order to learn it. There are two ways to construct an easel card; in one method you use a single strip of paper, and in the other, the front piece attaches separately (this version gives you the option of slightly larger cards). They lay flat for mailing, then prop themselves up for viewing like an artist's easel (see second photo).

The first sample I created features a photograph on the front panel, in honor of my mother-in-law, who has been in the hospital since before Thanksgiving. I wanted to create something for her bedside table that would bring to mind a fond memory and create a sense of hope. The second sample is a simple Christmas card. Don't the polka dots create a fun feeling of snowfall?! And I love the way that combining stamp sets allowed us to make the inside seem like a "close-up" of the card cover.
-Kathy

No comments: