Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Asia Inspired VI




It's been 7 years now since I traveled to China and Japan
and I'm still full of ideas for things to make as a result of that trip! Above is one of the cards I'll be teaching in this edition of "Asia Inspired". It recalls an essential aspect of Asian culture, the tea ceremony. In Japan, this ceremony is intensely detailed down to the angle of the wrist when holding the whisk that stirs the tea, and takes upwards of three hours from start to finish. Fortunately, we experienced the Chinese version, which was more relaxed but still enabled us to experience a number of different teas and traditions in an ancient garden setting - and took about an hour! My favorite was a black tea infused with lychee (lee-chee), a sweet little fruit that looks a lot like a sycamore ball!

Anyway, I invite you to join me in class on Saturday, February 6, from 2-5pm. This is a time change from the original class schedule, as my daughter is representing her junior high school in the Douglas County spelling bee and I want to get in on the excitement! In addition to the card pictured, we'll punch a family of darling little geisha girls, learn a faux silk technique, and more. We'll make "doubles" of all the cards, so you'll have one to keep and one to send.

Class fee $18. Let me know if you want to do a little armchair traveling with me! Kathy

1 comment:

JSCA said...

I CAN'T WAIT to take this class!