Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bloomin' Birthday


I promised to make things bloom in the studio, and here's my first project: a birthday card for my mother-in-law. She enjoys painting landscapes and likes soft colors, so I've used a Versamark Resist with sponging (you can see another example of this technique under the "Lisa's Notebook" post).

I used a couple of images from Vintage Vogue and stamped them onto a whisper white base in Versamark, then clear embossed (note that I intentionally placed these in the upper left and lower right corners). I sponged on Apricot Appeal classic ink in small patches, then added some Certainly Celery.

Here's a little technique tip that I used on the flowers. I didn't have Apricot in a craft ink, so I layered color onto my stamp by first pressing it into the Versamark, then into the apricot classic ink. When I stamped onto my paper (a separate scrap so I could cut out the flowers), this left the Versamark on top so that I could emboss as usual. Also, by putting the Versamark on first, I can stamp onto another color ink pad without "polluting" the color!

I popped the flowers up on Stampin' Dimensionals. The leaves are snippets from a Little Leaves die cut that I curled slightly before attaching, and of course the butterflies are from the Beautiful Wings embosslit.

Whoops, gotta go! My delivery bunny just went dashing off across the yard muttering something about being late for a very important date... and here I thought I was early for this one!!

May your day be filled with magical moments, Kathy

Note: Concept/layout inspired by demo Glenda Mollet.

All supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Well Scripted
Ink:
Versamark, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery
Paper:
Whisper White, Certainly Celery and Apricot Appeal CS
Accessories:
Beautiful Wings embosslit, Little Leaves sizzlet, Stampin' Dimensionals, ribbon from my stash

2 comments:

Unknown said...

One of my favorites. This is a beautiful card! Please come and take a look at my blog. I am giving away a Free Digital Stamp.

Jessica Lynn

JSCA said...

Such a beautiful photograph to go with the card! The card looks even more amazing in person. I love the resist technique.