Friday, September 10, 2010

Sparkle!


Have you seen the jewelry that Stampin' Up! has? I got this Simply Adorned charm and chain last Christmas, intending to make it as a gift for someone, but somehow it never happened... and now I'm glad it didn't. Here's the story...

While Ginny and I were on our travels, I asked her one day if she felt she'd gotten to know me in new and different ways on our adventure - more as an individual. She thought for a moment, then said "You're a lot quirkier and more sparkly than I realized." This stopped me in my tracks. What was she seeing on a day to day basis? Was I being my best self? Or was I allowing my roles and responsibilities to smother the uniqueness of me?

The comment stayed with me and I found myself recalling it long after we returned home. I decided I needed to make myself a reminder, and here it is - I give myself permission to sparkle!

These charms take a 1" square, onto which you can stamp just about anything that will fit. The elements here are mostly from Tiny Tags and I've added one of our basic rhinestones. I like the toggle style clasp of the chain, as I can easily put it on by myself.

Need to remind yourself or someone you love of an important message to live by? Create a one-of-a-kind charm yourself! Kathy

No comments: