Monday, September 13, 2010

Vintage Vogue

I love this set. You can make so many different looks with it and it's super easy to work with! To get this one, I simply colored onto the stamp with a Real Red and Basic Gray marker and stamped repeatedly on a Very Vanilla square, which I then layered onto Basic Black atop a standard card base of Real Red (the 3/16" corner punch made the nice rounded corners). The sentiment is stamped in Basic Black craft ink - I like the boldness of the craft ink.

The thing that really makes it pop, of course, is the amazing 1 1/4" Basic Black Striped Grosgrain Ribbon. I simplified the bow by just folding the ribbon into a bow shape and tying it with linen thread, then slipping a Real Red Big Designer Button (Holiday Mini catalog) over the ends and tying a bow on top of the button.

Thanks to fellow demo Mary Brown, whose design inspired mine. Kathy

No comments: