Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Register Now for Asia Inspired













The event schedule promised that in this class you would find "subtle elegance. Exotic materials. Touchable artifacts. Unexpected projects." The art of Asia has such varied faces, from "spare and elegant" to "little and cute". Perhaps this is part of what draws us to explore it.


Nine years ago I was privileged to visit China and Japan on a study tour. While there, I collected artifacts, anecdotes and materials that I have been weaving into the fabric of a yearly class on the subject in appreciation of the opportunity of making this trip. So while a few projects will use Stampin' Up! stamps and materials so that you can replicate them, others will be one-of-a-kind creations due to limited materials from my stash.

The photos above provide a retrospective of just a few of the projects I have created for past classes (actual projects for this session will remain a mystery until you arrive, as they depend on class size and other factors - but I will tell you that the ivory pendant necklace we'll be making is a stunner!).


We will meet on Saturday, March 10, from 1-4:00pm at Idyllwilde Studios. Class fee is $18.00 (remember, it's your payment that secures your spot). The class size is limited, although if I have to put too many of you on a waiting list I will consider adding another session.
Do contact me with any questions you may have, or to reserve your place. I look forward to being your travel guide for the afternoon! -Kathy 785.841.9211

No comments: