Monday, February 20, 2012

Stamp Club Olathe - February 2012



I think the laser cut cards in the spring mini catalog are fabulous, so I couldn't pass up the chance to use them for the base of our February club project in Olathe. I looked around in the top secret demonstrator idea files, and didn't find anything I wanted to replicate, so I decided to think through my approach on my own.

The laser cut is very intricate, which suggested a simple treatment on the rest of the card. Furthermore, it's so lovely, I didn't want to cover it up, which suggested vellum as the solution for the sentiment banner. I really wanted to feature the new pleated ribbon, and lastly, I wanted a design that could be used either as a Valentine, or for other occasions this spring (such as Mother's Day or simply "I love you").

Here's what I came up with, and the ladies seemed to like it. What are your ideas for these laser cut cards? -Kathy

No comments: