Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Stamp Club Olathe - March 2012




Over in Olathe, the hostess had a list as long as her arm of things she wanted to try out, but I narrowed it down to the new doily die and aqua painters. Once again, the card features the lovely Bordering on Romance stamp set, this time delicately tinted with classic inks. I use denatured alcohol in my aqua painters to retain the intensity of the colors. This set just reminds me of 1940s table linens, and I am having such fun with it!

Take a closer look at the doily. Do you see how the second example is a much bolder design? Same die, just punched out fewer of the little cuts. You can get so many different looks with this one die... AND it's the first large-scale Sizzlet die I've seen (this means it's thin and therefore easier to store). I think that making it black instead of the traditional white really gives the card "pop"!

Finally, note the bow. I'm usually a stingy ribbon user, finding all kinds of ways to save it and still get "the look". This time, however, I wanted "luxurious and feminine", so I've used a whole 18" of the 5/8" organza ribbon on my little homemade "perfect bow maker" and then given it additional dimension with the selective use of glue dots.

Sigh. Makes me happy to look at. So few things in life turn out exactly the way I picture them, but once in awhile I get there! -Kathy

No comments: