Monday, March 7, 2011

Sale-a-brate 2011: Birthday Bliss




As promised, here is an entirely different look using the same stamp set and card fold as the pink Mother's Day card.

Here, I've used a black base and a single element from the "Bliss" Sale-a-bration set. On the back panel of the card, I stamped repeatedly in Versamark and clear embossed. On the front fold, I evenly spaced rows of sticky strip, covered these with clear embossing powder, and heat embossed. The focal piece on the front was stamped in Versamark, then gold embossing powder was applied. This was matted with brushed gold CS.

I cut the sentiment panel slightly smaller than the front panel. Stamping in Versamark here creates a subtle image behind the sentiment, which is applied in black craft (be sure to let your craft ink dry thoroughly before adhering). A couple of Vintage Brads finish off the look.


I think this card looks very masculine (it would make a very elegant wedding/anniversary card, too). Isn't it amazing what a slight shift in color can do?! -Kathy

1 comment:

JSCA said...

This is one of my all time favourite cards. I love the simple elegance.