Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Cardinal Christmas Set Sampler - 5x5 in Blues


I love the fact that 5x5" and 3x6" cards will go for the same postage rate as the standard 4.25x5.5" card. Variety is the spice of life, as they say!

I embossed these guys in black on naturals cardstock, then colored with an Aqua Painter filled with denatured alcohol just as I did for the note pads (if you squish the ink pad against the lid before opening you'll have plenty of ink on the inside of the lid for watercoloring). Reminds me of being a kid and just coloring inside the lines... only better, because the ink flows so nicely and you can intensify colors with more layers and just play! Although the DSP is from last year, I included the card to give you an example of this set in a non-Christmas card.

You'll note some direct-to-paper action with the white craft pad, and a row of piercing that simulates yet another layer! I like the Curly Label punch parts just peeping out from behind. (I apologize for the photograph, I tried several times to get the color to show accurately but it just wouldn't!)

Remember to put some food out for our feathered friends today. You can watch them out your window so that when you watercolor them, you'll get it just right!

Kathy



All supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: A Cardinal Christmas
Ink:
Versamark, white craft (Real Red and Sage Shadow used for watercoloring)
Paper:
Going Gray, Night of Navy, DSP; Whisper White scrap
Accessories:
1/4" Not Quite Navy grosgrain ribbon, 3 brads, Aquapainter, Paper-Piercing Tool and mat

No comments: