Thursday, December 31, 2009

Birthday Card Stamp-a-Stack



It's a chilly night in Kansas and the mercury is dropping, but when I saw this it warmed my heart! Saturday is the Birthday Card Stamp-a-Stack at Idyllwilde Studios (10:00am-2:00pm), and Monique is way ahead of me designing her share of the cards! I've got a couple of young friends that will just love this plump little guy.

If you've never attended a stamp-a-stack before, here's how it works. We (Monique will be providing some of the designs) will have the pieces all cut and ready to go, so you can make as many of each design as you like - we're keeping production time to 10 or 15 minutes per card. The six birthday designs will cover cards for kids, men, and women, plus I'll have a thank-you card design made up in case you still need to send out a note of appreciation to holiday hostesses and gift-givers. (The thank-you card will feature a couple of the retiring stamps currently on the dormant list - these stamps will not be available after January 4th). You'll pay $1 per card for what you make (envelopes not included, although I have some on hand if you want to purchase them at cost).

A stamp-a-stack is a great way to prepare for the coming year. You know you always mean to have those cards ready ahead of time, but so often it turns into a last-minute scramble! Personally, I'm just going to have my birthday card box out and start stuffing it as I work! (If you weren't in stamp club last year to make this project, ask to see mine.)

Although I don't require advance payment nor registration for this event, it would be helpful if you could let me know that you'll be dropping by. I'll put the kettle on for you!

Kathy

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

JSCA said...

This card is absolutely adorable!