Monday, June 21, 2010

A Gracious Friend


I've told you about my friend and fellow demonstrator Lisa several times now, as well as showing you samples of her work. I wish each of you a friend like Lisa! She has the most amazing gift for recalling little details about the people she meets, and when she recently took a beading class, she remembered my admiration for dragonflies.

Did you know that more than 500 species are native to North America? They are more ancient than dinosaurs and fly in a zigzag pattern. Dragonflies have splendid names such as "Shadow Darner", "Flame Skimmer" and "Blue Dasher", as well as richly colored bodies and a tendency to eat those nasty mosquitoes that plague us these days. Although they may take up to 6 years to emerge from their larval stage, as adults they have short but effective lives and rarely sit still. These are a few of the reasons I admire them so.

Anyway, not too long ago she placed this stunning card in my hands for no particular reason. It's not the first time she's done that - in fact, when I conduct workshops, I often give the "Lisa Cool Award" to a participant to emphasize how much a simple gesture like sending a hand made card can mean. If you don't have a friend like Lisa - or even if you do - then become one! You have the power to change someone's day. -Kathy

No comments: