Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Greenhouse Gala



It's almost here: the 2010-2011 Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog! I'm so glad I'm a demo so that I get to sneak a peek a whole month earlier than you do! Tee, hee.

One of the fabulous new designer paper sets is called Greenhouse Gala, and here's a project I've made using it together with new stamp offering Friends Never Fade. The base is 5x5" textured Pacific Point and smooth Wild Wasabi cardstocks, using Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip classic inks.

You're already familiar with the 5/8" brads in our catalog, but perhaps you haven't used them in this way: I cut two lengths of ribbon, then opened the prongs of the brad to slip them behind the flat head. I then pierced a hole for the brad and inserted it into the sentiment base. Next, I took two lengths of natural linen thread and tied a bow on either side of the brad, working the knots just under the edge of the head of the brad. Finally, I snipped the ribbon ends into angles that fit onto the sentiment "unit".

Give it a try for a new and different look with ribbon! -Kathy

No comments: