Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Inspiration is Everywhere


Customers sometimes ask where I get my inspiration. All over the place! From other demos, Stampin' Up! publications, blogs, magazines... even junk mail. It's just one more good reason to pay attention to the details of your life. This card started out as an ad for a computer manufacturer. I just liked the proportions and the way the "swirlycues" flipped from positive to negative. Hey, I thought, I could make that with our product line! So I ripped out the page and headed up to the studio.

An interesting thing often happens when you stamp in white craft on black. The white ink takes on or "reflects" the color nearby - especially if it's a light color. Here it seems to be blue, but I've seen it turn pink and yellow, too.

Technique Tip: When you want to feature a small image as your focal point, give greater visual weight to it by placing it in front of a punched "medallion". Here I've layered a white and a Bashful Blue circle to reinforce the color scheme of the card, and placed it behind the bird (which is attached with Stampin' Dimensionals).


And don't forget to give a little attention to the inside of your card. The impact is well worth your time! -Kathy


All Supplies Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Elements of Style
Ink: Basic Black and Bashful Blue classic; White craft
Paper: Whisper White, Bashful Blue and Basic Black CS
Accessories: ticket corner punch, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches; Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive; Stampin' Dimensionals; narrow gingham ribbon (now retired)

No comments: