Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Coffee Lovers Card



In an activity for demonstrators recently, Monique and Lori each got to choose a favorite stamp set that the rest of us would use to design a card. You've seen the one I did for Monique (check out the post on 9/13/10). Here is Lori's choice, using the set Morning Cup. Too bad I didn't have any "Early Espresso" paper at the time - how perfect would that have been?!

I stamped the images onto DSP from the Woodland Walk collection, because it reminded me of coffee beans. I cut these out with scissors and put Stampin' Dimensionals on the back. I then punched some 1 1/4" squares and used the corner rounder on two of these. After that it was a matter of simple layering to give "weight" to my images. Finally, I put the sentiment (with a cup just overlapping the end - gotta love these clear stamps!) onto a strip of Crumb Cake and backed it with Chocolate Chip, using the square punch again to make a perfect notch in the ends of the banner pieces. As I was sticking the banner in place, I tucked a piece of stamp scrap foam beneath it to make it "pooch".

On the inside of the card I created a medallion effect from some scraps of DSP, Chocolate Chip and Crumb Cake, then centered an Antique Brad on the layered squares before I glued them down. The sentiment and image seemed to go together so... ta da! Project finished. Could you guess I'm not a coffee drinker? -Kathy

Stamps- Morning Cup, Afterthoughts (Hostess)
Ink- Chocolate Chip classic
Paper- Naturals Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip CS; Woodland Walk DSP
Accessories- 1 1/4" square and corner rounder punches; Antique Brads; Stampin' Dimensionals; Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive

No comments: