Monday, October 18, 2010

Deck the Halls with Joy

I fell for the Deck the Halls Christmas paper in the holiday mini catalog in one glance! Cutting into it was another matter... it's even more beautiful in real life! (Check out the one behind the card, won't that make a stunning background for a piece of photo wall art or a scrap book page?!) But I finally found my courage, and here's the result...

Because I wanted the focus to be on the paper, I chose a simple layout in "thirds". I applied the eyelet punch to the layered strips at the bottom, and tied a piece of Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Seam Binding around the line where the papers meet, leaving enough for a big, loopy bow. Let me just say, expect to see a LOT of this seam binding on projects this year! The color is yummy, and it performs SO well - it's soft enough to tie and hold a know, but retains its shape well. Finally, I stamped the sentiment from Welcome Christmas and cut it out, then backed it with Always Artichoke and cut it out again.
A couple of Stampin' Dimensionals on the back, and voila! The layout may be super simple, but the use of the DSP in multiple patterns and colors adds all the interest needed.

I thought it was a good reminder, as well: As I'm starting to plan for a busy holiday season, I first want to deck my halls with joy. -Kathy



Stamps-Welcome Christmas
Inks- Cherry Cobbler classic
Paper- Naturals Ivory CS; Deck the Halls DSP
Accessories- 1/2" Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding; Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments: