Wednesday, October 6, 2010

October 2010 Stamp Club





Our hostess for stamp club this month requested to learn the approach to creating landscapes using stamps which I most often associate with demonstrator Michelle Zindorf. Her results are genuinely unique among stampers. I designed two options using the same basic steps (both feature one of the best things about winter - the sunset sky against a tracery of stark branches), and I've included photos of a 3rd idea for "switching it up" into a Christmas card. Note that both examples use stamps from Christmas sets (Winter Post and Welcome Christmas) in a more general "seasonal" way. I always look for sets that have this sort of flexibility. And of course, Lovely as a Tree works for just about any subject you care to name! It's one of my top two recommendations for beginners in the entire Idea Book & Catalog. As you can see, silhouette stamps work best for this technique, so pull yours out and see what you can do! -Kathy

No comments: