Friday, October 22, 2010

New Twist on Ribbon


This card started with the ribbon. I absolutely love-Love-LOVE this wide striped grosgrain because it's such a strong partner anywhere you use it. I wanted to feature it in a way I hadn't seen before, so I was messing around and I came up with this... and of course, the ribbon* set the color scheme for the card, then I added some of that wonderful old-fashioned "Newsprint" DSP, and then I had to repeat the red and black to tie it all together, and I was thinking about favorite Christmas movies and tunes (White Christmas with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye. The scene where those two are impersonating a pair of sisters is so funny even they have a hard time getting through it!)... and there it was. You could easily stamp a sentiment, punch it out, and pop it up on some dimensionals to tack onto the upper left corner of the skater square if you wished.

*Hindsight is 20/20: If making it again, I would tuck the raw edge of the ribbon at the top of the card under the panel of DSP to conceal it, rather than pulling it up and over to the back of the card, where it shows... -Kathy



Stamps-
Winter Post

Ink-
Real Red classic

Paper-
Real Red and Naturals Ivory CS; Newsprint DSP

Accessories-
Photo Corner punch; 1/8" black taffeta & 1 1/4" Real Red Striped grosgrain ribbon
; Tombow Multi-Purpose adhesive

No comments: