Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Matchbox Trio








I recall seeing a Faberge Egg for the very first time at a museum in Europe. Amazing. Such detail, such craftsmanship, such luxurious richness compressed into one small package! A gift fit for an empress, and it all began with an ordinary egg...

Monique and I got together one evening and began with an ordinary matchbox, die cut from textured blush blossom and chocolate chip card stock. We added details such as layered ribbon, punches, embossing in white and silver, glitter, stickpins and pearls. We filled each box with wrapped sweeties in coordinating colors (my favs are the chocolate toffee almond nuggets).


When the ordinary becomes the extraordinary, the miracle is sometimes simply a way of seeing. Kathy

1 comment:

JSCA said...

I'm in love with these little boxes and all of their details. I keep thinking they would make AWESOME wedding favors...

JSCA