Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Spider Swirls














I love working with my girls in the studio. They are often willing to try things that don't occur to me, and of course have different ways of looking at things. Ginny came up with this very spooky look recently, and I thought you might enjoy giving it a try.

Take a cotton ball and pounce it onto a white craft ink pad. On a dark base such as black, touch down and twist, creating a random pattern of "mist". When you have the coverage you want, ink up your stamps with black craft. Place images here and there. Gives the effect of a resist, or a ghostly creature in the mist...

I really do detest spiders. Wonder why we torture ourselves with them on Halloween?!

Kathy

1 comment:

JSCA said...

I think this is my favourite Ginny-technique so far!