Monday, October 12, 2009

Thankful for you...


I've been thinking about place settings for holiday tables, even though the "big event" for Thanksgiving is at my sister's house. I love taking traditional color combos and adding a "wild card" color, or substituting a less common shade of a frequently used color (for example, taking the typical Christmas red and green and changing to burgundy and celery). SU! seems to have a similar idea, because Autumn Traditions designer series paper in the IB&C features eggplant, and Autumn Meadows (in the mini) throws in teal!

I wanted to start early so that I could craft a personal message to each person with whom I will be sitting at the table. I've been learning some interesting things about what happens to us when we habitually express appreciation. Our brains actually change, we see a more beautiful world, interpret the same events more positively, and enjoy life more. Sounds good to me!

I designed this slightly oversized place card to feature a segment of our exclusive Tulipe die, and intentionally hung it over the edge a bit. The Lots of Tags die cut my DSP, and I ran our Very Vanilla through my laser printer for quick calligraphy, then punched out ovals. Inside is another phrase generated by my laser printer: I am thankful for you because... I cut this rectangle out using my scoring blade for a homespun look (just press firmly and go over your cut line several times, then pull apart for rough edges). Now I'm ready to spend a few quiet moments thinking about those I love so that I can give each of them the gift of knowing that they are appreciated.

By the way, a set of place cards makes a great hostess gift!


I appreciate each of you, too - thanks for stopping by!

Kathy


All supplies Stampin' Up!

Paper: Dusty Durango, Elegant Eggplant, Very Vanilla, Autumn Traditions DSP
Accessories: Tulipe and Lots of Tags dies

No comments: